Uranus, the planet that, in astrology, symbolizes evolution and revolution, will move on May 15, 2018 from Aries to Taurus. Uranus is (alongside Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto) one of the planets that have a strong influence on us, according to the signs they are transiting. Therefore, Uranus entering the sign of Taurus won’t happen unnoticed. At first, that will happen for just a few months, because Uranus will be retrograde and will return to Aries, in November 2018. In March 2019, it will enter Taurus again, a sign where it will remain until 2026.
I’ll write more about the meaning of Uranus in Taurus (including information about the next years). But let’s take a look at the most important dates, first:
- May 15, 2018: Uranus moves from Aries to Taurus
- November 6, 2018: Uranus retrograde returns to Aries
- March 6, 2019: Uranus moves once again from Aries to Taurus
- July 7, 2025: Uranus moves from Taurus to Gemini
- November 8, 2025: Uranus retrograde returns to Taurus
- April 26, 2026: Uranus leaves Taurus for a long time; it will return here in 2102
Keep reading in this article:
Uranus is a planet that always brings changes, (r)evolution and that symbolizes everything related to innovation, inventions, technology.
Taurus is the sign ruling over money, the financial system, possessions (land, buildings etc.), but also over moral values. It’s no coincidence that the symbol of the Financial District and the Wall Street in New York is a bull.
When Uranus passes through Taurus, it definitely leads to changes regarding the financial system. Old payment methods are replaced by new ones, new types of taxes are introduced, the stock market fluctuations are out of control, etc. The financial area is the one that Uranus in Taurus influences most, but not the only one. As I wrote earlier, it leads to changes related to real estate and other possessions – on a global level, that could mean the discovery of new territories, restructuring of territorial divisions or changing frontiers (if other transits also sustain this) etc.
Last but not least, Uranus in Taurus can lead to changes related to moral values. This means that it changes the way people think about certain matters. Which areas are most influenced also depends on the transit of the other planets. Let’s take a look at the rise of the Nazis in Germany: Uranus was in Taurus and Pluto was in Cancer – a sign representing the homeland. Thus, the homeland, its traditions, the own culture etc. became more important for the people and it’s no wonder that a nationalist party rose to power.
In astrology, everything works in cycles, everything repeats itself. In order to understand what Uranus transiting through Taurus could bring during 2018-2026, it’s worth looking at the events that took place throughout history, when Uranus was in this sign. These are some examples related to the areas mentioned above: changes regarding the financial system, regarding territories, but also doctrines, moral values and so on.
- In China, wheat was used to pay taxes. This changed during this period of time, silver becoming the material used for paying taxes.
- Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press with mobile metal letters, an invention with a huge cultural impact.
- A new tax called “taille” was introduced permanently in France.
- Martin Luther published his 95 Theses, where he condemned the practices of the Catholic Church. His intention was to provoke a debate on moral issues, but his work had such an impact that it led to the reformation of the Church (Protestant Reformation).
- Short time after that and as a response to Luther’s works, Erasmus of Rotterdam, a key figure of the Renaissance humanism, published De libero arbitrio. He expresses the idea that God doesn’t decide everything that the humans do: instead, people have the power to decide for themselves what they want to do or not.
- Spain declares bankruptcy.
- Jamestown, the first permanent British settlement in North America, was founded. This was an important moment in the history of the British colonization of North America.
- The Dutch are the first Europeans to discover and explore Australia, but without any intention to colonize it.
- Isaac Newton published On the motion of bodies in orbit and Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy, works that had an important impact on sciences and also on people’s mentality.
- The Bill of Rights sets the stage for a modern British state.
- The last so-called “hearth tax” is collected in England and Wales.
- In the Massachusetts Bay Colony, the first paper money on North American territory is issued.
- Already before the Declaration of Independence of the United States, a congress formed by representatives of the 13 British colonies in North America introduced a common currency, called “Continental currency” or “Continentals”. It was the predecessor of the US dollar.
- James Cook travels to Australia, explores its coastline and declares the continent British territory. It had been discovered earlier by the Dutch (also in a period of time when Uranus was in Taurus), but no other nation had expressed its interest to colonize it, before 1770.
- In Russia, the state issues the first banknotes.
- Catherine the Great starts a major administrative territorial restructuring of the Russian Empire.
- The first years of the Industrial Revolution that would lead to important changes regarding the society, the economy, certain mentalities etc.
- Only a few days after Uranus’ ingress in Taurus, the Great Exhibition opened in London, celebrating the progress of modern industrial technology.
- Western Union, a company offering financial services, was founded.
- An important amount of gold was stolen during the Great Gold Robbery. The stolen gold bars had a total weight of 200 pounds (91 kg) and a total value of 12,000 GB pounds (that would be more than one million GB pounds today).
- The so-called “Charga-Plate”, the predecessor of the credit card, became commonly used.
- Iceland and Sweden were, after Russia, the first countries where abortion became legal. It also became legal in Nazi Germany, but only for persons considered to be “hereditarily ill”.
- One of the best sold board games of all times was launched: Monopoly. The players must buy houses and hotels and their opponents must pay for rent. The player with the most properties and who manages to push the others into bankruptcy wins the game.
- The construction of the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco.
- Oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia, becoming the most important element of the country’s economy. Saudi Arabia is currently the biggest oil exporter in the world.
- In Germany, moral values lost their meaning because of the Nazi regime.
- Following the Great Depression during 1929-1933, the United States launched a series of economic programs called “New Deal”. The “Second New Deal” happened while Uranus was in Taurus – and led to changes related to taxes, to the signing of the Social Security Act etc.
- During the World War II, ration coupons were introduced in several countries.
As I was writing earlier, Uranus in Taurus will certainly lead to changes on an economic/financial level. This is currently also accentuated by three other important transits: Pluto and Saturn in Capricorn and Jupiter in Scorpio.
Pluto in Capricorn asks for a radical change concerning stiff systems, especially the financial system. It’s no wonder that Pluto’s ingress in this sign coincided with the financial crisis that spread worldwide in 2008-2009. Pluto will remain in Capricorn until 2024, so this transit will overlap with Uranus in Taurus for many years. So, we have to deal with two planets who demand changes.
Pluto in Capricorn started the financial crisis and still insists for the system to be renewed, for new economic/financial laws to be passed etc.
Innovative Uranus will also shake the system up, because Uranus never does something quietly, but always in a shocking way. But Uranus could also bring solutions. One thing is certain: those solutions can’t be old ones, that probably worked in the past and that some people want to apply again. This time, they won’t work anymore, this time we need something new.
Saturn is the Capricorn’s ruler and, similar to the zodiac sign, it rules over everything related to economy and the financial system – but it’s also the symbol of governments, of authority figures, of banks and big corporations and companies. Saturn is the planet that, once in 7-8 years, makes us analyse our life and realize if we are on the right way. It asks for (and also confers) discipline, in order to correct mistakes we’ve made in the past. At the same time, it can also lead to changes – not to destroy something, but to build something more durable instead.
Saturn will remain in Capricorn until 2020. Combined with Pluto in Capricorn and Uranus in Taurus, it will also demand some changes. It will want to build something that can last over time – but this can be done only after correcting some mistakes of the past. This means that the financial problems won’t be new ones, but ones that piled up over time. Or they are problems that should have been solved 7-8 years ago (following the financial crisis), but they were ignored or the solutions were only superficial ones. Well, now we will probably have to face the consequences of this negligence.
At the time when I’m writing this article (April 2018), Jupiter is in Scorpio, a zodiac sign that symbolizes changes and re-birth. Scorpio is opposed to Taurus in the zodiac and influences the finances, too. But, in Scorpio’s case, we talk about other people’s money, about joint finances or proprieties that we hold in association with other persons, about debts. And Scorpio also rules over secrets, over hidden things.
Jupiter will remain in Scorpio until November 2018. Between May 15 (Uranus entering Taurus) and November 2018, there could be some leaks or some secrets will become known, affecting the world economy. Another cause of the financial problems could be the debts of one of more countries that can pay these back.
A financial scandal could break out in Mid-May 2018. Besides the fact that Uranus moves into Taurus on May 15, Mercury (ruling over communication and the mass media) will also enter Taurus, on May 14. Close to those days, on May 16, aggressive Mars and Uranus will form a square. This means that sometime in Mid-May or 1-2 weeks before and especially after May 15, Uranus in Taurus could bring some alarming news related to finances/the economy. The mass media (Mercury) and also the social networks (ruled by Uranus) will play an important role in finding out and sharing the information. Since Mars will be in Aquarius (=groups), the problems could be related to groups of states (like the European Union, the United Nations or even the United States) or to conglomerates and groups of companies that dominate the economy, etc.
Another period of time when secrets regarding the economy will be disclosed is October 2018. On the 10th of October, Mercury (=news) will be in Scorpio (=secrets), opposed to Uranus in Taurus.
An additional effect of the current transits could be the fall of one or more governments, the disappearance of an important political figure from the public life, a new system of government replacing an older one in some countries, etc. – and all of these will be closely connected to the economic situation. The financial problems could be the cause of these changes or the political changes will lead to a shock wave affecting the global economy.
In order to understand how strong these transits are, it’s worth taking a look at the years 1988-1991. These were the years when the communist bloc in Eastern Europe fell apart, the Berlin Wall fell and Germany was reunified, the Cold War ended. And these events also led to massive changes on an economic level (privatization etc.). Well, even if they were located in another order, the same planets and signs were involved: in the year of the revolutionary wave, 1989, Jupiter was in Taurus, Saturn (like now) in Capricorn, Uranus in Capricorn and Pluto in Scorpio.
Since Uranus is also a symbol of the atomic energy and of the nuclear weapons, I took a look at the astrological chart of North Korea – a country whose leader, Kim Jong-Un, threatened many times during the last years to start a nuclear war. Uranus in Taurus will strongly influence North Korea, since the country’s North Node (=Destiny) in placed in this zodiac sign. Thus, the “final decision” regarding the nuclear war could come sometime between 2018 and 2026: we will see if the radical change means a nuclear attack or, on the contrary, North Korea’s disarmament. The most critical periods of time regarding this topic will be July-September 2019 and April 2020 (including some months before and after), when Uranus will pass the country’s North Node several times, due to its retrograde motion.
I repeated the word change so many times in this article, that the main idea should be obvious: Uranus in Taurus leads to changes and innovations on an economic/financial level. During the next years, the banking system could be revolutionized, capitalism could be replaced by another economic system, new methods of payment will emerge (cryptocurrencies like the Bitcoin could spread) etc. It’s very important that we use this chance: it’s not enough to destroy old systems, but we must find innovative solutions instead, ones that can help building new structures that last for many years to come.
Since Uranus will be in Taurus only for few months in 2018 and it will return to Aries, the changes that I mentioned won’t happen already in 2018. This year marks only the beginning. Maybe now we will only have an initial shock or maybe now the foundation is laid for the events coming during the next years.
Strongly affected by these changes will be the European Union, the United States of America and Russia. Due to other (economic and social) factors, the European Union has to change something at its top, the form of government – and then it will have to reposition itself on a global level. In the US, there could be (violent) protests of the population. The US could also have a lot to lose if they get involved in political and financial “games”, ignoring the risks caused by the current transits. Russia must analyse its relations to other states, especially to its allies. But the system of government could also face some major changes. January 2020 will be very important for the United States and Russia. Later on, the entire year 2022 (with less influence also in 2021 and 2023) will be very important for the United States.
Apart from the financial aspects, Uranus in Taurus also influences another area. Being a planet that likes shocks and currently transiting an Earth sign (Pluto and Saturn are also in an Earth sign), we could witness natural calamities or an environmental disaster during the next years. But Uranus in Taurus doesn’t have to be (just) negative. If we use its energy in a positive way, we could revolutionize the way we relate to the environment: we now have the chance to switch to using alternative sources of energy en masse, to find effective methods to clean the soil and the waters of polluting materials etc.
Uranus in Taurus will shock us, but – even if some events will be negative – the most important thing is what mankind will do following the shock wave. As mentioned above, the Uranian energy must be used in a positive way: to revolutionize certain systems, to progress, to lay the foundation for a better future.